Icograda’s initiative aims to pay tribute to the life of Nelson Mandela. Apart from the memorable posters featured in the main exhibition, designers and artists worldwide were inspired to contribute to this celebration.
– All designers and artists are invited to celebrate the life of the globally beloved icon Nelson Mandela by creating a poster or series of posters . The collection will be launched on 18 July 2013.
– The project is not for gain and is coordinated by an independent team of volunteers. The poster collection and all proceeds that may arise from the project will be donated to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust to aid in the establishment of a dedicated children’s hospital in Johannesburg.
– The Mandela Poster Project is endorsed by Icograda as part of its own 50th anniversary celebrations.
– Celebrate Nelson Mandela’s life through a collection of posters.
– Collect 95 exceptional posters from around the world in 60 days.
– Contribute to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust.
– Open to all
– Web Gallery
– Travelling poster exhibition
– A2, 300dpi PDF file with no bleed
– 28 June: Poster submission deadline
– 18 July: Launch of online catalogue
– Dates and venues for the travelling exhibition are currently under development
COMMENTS AND OBSERVATIONS:
– The Mandela legacy needs to be respected.
– Please ensure that you respect all copyrights and secure permissions where required.
– This project is meant to be a tribute to a legendary man from us, the creative community.
– You acknowledge that all works submitted is yours and you own all rights to it.
– The facilitators of this project cannot take any responsibility for any copyright infringements or misrepresentations made by persons submitting work to this project. All work is accepted in good faith.
– Contributors agree to donate their poster/s without charge to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust and allow the Trust to exhibit and reproduce copies as part of its fundraising programme. The Trust will respect the intellectual rights of all contributors/creators and will not sell copies of the artwork without written permission.
– Mohammed Jogie (founder, co-curator and logistics lead)
– Jacques Lange (co-curator, international liaison and exhibitions lead)
– Marco Cannata (sponsorship lead)
– Paul Taliadoros (sponsorship lead)
– Vuyo Lutseke (media & communications officer at Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust)
– Kelo Kubu (legal lead)
– Ithateng Mokgoro (branding lead)
– Karuna Pillay (project management)
– Jennie Fourie (media lead)
– Frances Frylinck (communications and social media)
– Brenda Sanderson (international relations)
Jacques Lange, jacquesL@iafrica.com
Mohammed Jogie, email@example.com